Thursday, April 23, 2009

Growing up, everyone has to

This month has been a huge point of reflection for me. Over the past few weeks my baby sister has grown up. To me that is. It seems like in the past few weeks i realized that she wasn't the little kid attached to my hip anymore, and that she had her own life. How could she! Doesn't she know that if she gets older I get older? Or even more so, that she is going to be an adult- like soon! OMG! Over the past few weeks, my sister has gone on a college tour, has chosen where she wants to spend 4 years of her life to better her self, and finally this Saturday she will be attending the prom.
Where did the time ago? It seems like yesterday my parents brought her home and introduced her to me. At first sight, she was the most beautiful person I had ever met, and today I still feel that way. We haven't always gotten along, but what siblings do? My mom would say that sometimes she felt as if she was in the middle of World War 3, with all the fighting and screaming between us. We were born 7 years apart. We didn't really have a lot to talk about. Now we do, and I love it!
I am proud to know my sister. She is beautiful inside, and out, and I can't wait to see where this journey called life takes her.

1 comment:

RahLa said...

Ahhh too sweet!! Even though my sis is 23, maybe 24, uggh, umm yeah, I still see her as 15. I know, shame. Keep us posted on her college hunt and other fun senior activities.