Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday Motivation

Good day folks! I bring you the first Monday Motivation.
Today was a crazy day for me. Let's just say it started with a case of the Monday's, then moved into a WHAT!! mode.. Then moved to a I can't wait to see this all fan out mode.

This morning I found out that the company I work for is re-organizing our office. This could mean a potential job loss or a great opportunity for me. Which one- I don't know. There are many changes that are going to be made, many doors that will open.
As I looked around at all of my co-workers today, I could sense the fear, the uncertainty, the anger. If you would have walked into my office this morning at 11:00 am you would have been severally disturbed. Several people were already talking about a severance, and sick pay, and vacation days- My company has not even announced which jobs may be changing. Hearing all of this made me sad. It made me wonder- Are these the same people that pray for me every night? Do they not know who holds tomorrow? Don't they know that God is in control?
In the face of this potential job loss, I felt a calm like never before. I know I will be fine. I know that my tomorrow, my next week, and my next month is ALREADY taken care of. God NEVER fails- and his favor and blessings STILL rain down into the hands of his believers. This change in my career may be what I need, to finally be able to do what I want. Like.. Become the next Sheila E..

`Peace

2 comments:

Unknown said...

my cousin and I were just talking about this today. how sweet it is to trust in God and despite how things 'look' knowing that HE has our best interests in mind and HIS plan toward me is good!

Candace said...

Amen Gia! I'm really just going to wait and see what happens. Whatever happens is in his plan.