Saturday, May 30, 2009

True Compassion

Good Day Folks!

Today I learned a lesson in compassion from a woman that I admire very much-my mother.

To make a long story short. Today my mother reached out to and lent her hand, and heart to my newly acquired step mom, along with my dad who seem to be going through a rough patch right now. My mom took it upon her self to reach out bless her with a few food items to help get them (my dad, step mom, and 4 children) through their rough patch. Not only did she reach out, but she had a long, much needed, tear-filled chat with her. She spoke about as two women, they need to be there for one another, and support each other, not only as women but because they are FAMILY. Talk about compassion. Talk about showing tenderness in world that is constantly shutting doors in people's faces.
My mother could have easily turned her cheek, and said "not my problem". But she didn't. She decided to be a blessing to someone.
Thanks for the lesson mom.

No comments: