Friday, June 19, 2009

Fathers Day:What to give my mom

Father's day is fastly approaching, and I have no idea what to get my mom this year.
For the past 5 years or so, my sister and I have gotten her a gift. We give her a gift each year because she has dual duty-She is mom and dad, and has been since our parents divorced.
But this year, we (my sister & I) are having issues.
What do you give the mom that has everything.? She isn't hard to buy for, but I think we have been giving her same thing on Father's Day for a few years now. We need to switch it up!
5 Gift Ideas this year:
1. Gas Grill
2. Lowes gift card (she lives there)
3. Manicure & Pedicure gift cert
4. A new purse
5. A dinner cert

What are you getting your dad or mom for Father's Day? Send me a suggestion!

2 comments:

Mrs. G said...

Does she have any hobbies? If so, play off of them.
A stay at a bed and breakfast.
You and your sister take her out and spend the day together including brunch, spa, etc.

Good luck with your decision!

Unknown said...

we got our dad a plane ticket. he's been stressful and hasn't seen one of his best friends/mentors in over 10 years. so we all put together and purchased him a ticket and a little bit of spending money. I might add, his bday is 2 days after Father's Day so this was a combo gift. we aren't usually this elaborate! :)
I love that you and your sis recognize your mom on Father's Day. good luck with what you choose...I typically like things that help with relaxatin/loving oneself i.e. spa/mani/pedi stuff but shopping is also good therapy too! ;)