Tuesday, July 7, 2009

When it's time to let go: Friendship

Give me a good friend, and I'm happy for life. I'm a Cancer, and we tend to hold on to friendships for live, even when we know we shouldn't. So the thought of letting a friend go makes my stomach hurt and my head ache. I've even prayed about it.

Currently, I'm at a crossroads, I have this friend that I've known for years, were close, and consider ourselves more of sisters then we do friends. Lately, I'm feeling that things are different, and not in a good way. Change is good in most cases, but not when it involves a friend that is holding up their end of the friendship bargain. I feel as if I've been more than a great friend and sister, but my needs of the friendship aren't being met. So, what does one do when a cherished friendship has run it's course? How awful is it realize that this friendship you have shared for 12 years is no longer serving its purpose?

From the looks of it, a good house cleaning on friends is in order. Hard to do, and much easier said than done, but I've got to do what is best for me. As much as I love this friend, and have shared most my life with this person - our lives are at different forks in the road. My road leads on way and their road is leading another.

Losing a friend is hard, but sometimes it may be the best thing for you.-and I'm ok with that.

*Out!

2 comments:

Tia H. said...

Wow. I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now. I'm happy that you seem to've reached a peace about your situation, though.

Candace said...

It's hard. I just know that sometimes people are only in our lives for a season. Maybe our season is taking a break.