Monday, August 24, 2009

Music Monday

Happy Monday to ya!


Today, while browsing through my i-phone play lists, I came to the realization that there is one artists, that I love that NEVER gets in love... ANY LOVE.. And the girl is BAD!! She is:


Syleena Johnson. Daughter of 1960's singer, Syl Johnson, Chi-Town native. Crazy voice, excellent with a pen and pad, yet she gets NO LOVE!

We first heard from her in 1996 on her unknown album Love Hangover, then again in 2001 after meeting a Jive record exec at a basketball game, she was quickly signed to the label, and birthed Chapter 1: Love, Pain and Forgiveness. GREAT ALBUM FOLKS!! My favorite song from this album was the hit single, I am your woman, which R. Kelly penned. . 2002 gave us Chapter 2: The Voice, which had hits as Tonight, I'm gonna let go, and No Words. She also lent her vocals to the Kanye West hit All Falls down, from his debut album The College Dropout. Her 2005 release gave us Chapter 3: The Flesh, which hits included: Hypnotic, and my personal fav Another Relationship. In 2009 Syleena released Chapter 4: Labor Pains, this album was released on the Aneelys Records label-Syleena's own label. My favorites song on the album is Be Me.

I wrote ALL of this to say.. Check this sister out, and show her some love!!! Trust me, she's the bomb.com!

No comments: