Saturday, January 9, 2010

Praise Report

Happy Saturday folks!
I have AWESOME news to share. I had my first check-in for the '10 with my Endocrinologist (Diabetes Doc) yesterday, and I must say, it was the best check-in I have ever had. I started out by getting weighed, and I've lost some weight, Yay! Then I went over my medication update with him, he uploaded my Glucose meter into their system to chart my levels for the last 3 months, and finally he administered my 3 month A1C test (This test measures the level of sugar in your blood over the last 3 months) Normal A1C should be at a 6 or below.
When I was diagnosed in June of '09 my A1c was 11.8! (Just AWFUL) My last appointment was in October of '09, and my A1C was a 7.4.
After waiting what seemed like forever (10 minutes) I received my results. My A1C had dropped again to a 6.2!! WHOOP-WHOOP!! I literally jumped for joy in the doctors office. My doctor was impressed with how fast I was able to get my numbers down with medication, exercise(very little on my part), and diet changes.
After a review of my numbers, my doctor thought that I would be able to maintain healthy blood sugar levels with out the help of medications! (Over the past week, I refrained from taking my medication to see what my levels were without it and they were normal. I let my doctor know what I thought, and the results, and thought I had done a great job. At this time, I do have to monitor my levels, but only 3 times a week vs 3 times a day. My doctor did write a prescription for me, just in case my levels get out of wack.
Take that Diabetes!! I am excited about my news, but I know that this is where the real work starts. Without the meds, I will have to really watch what I eat, and exercise much more (my least favorite thing in the world) and remember to keep stress at bay.

Laters!

3 comments:

Mrs. G said...

Congratulations and keep up the good work!

ZuriMayasa said...

YAY! I knew it all the time...;-) If you need fitness support, you have my number. If you need dietary support, you have my number. Heck, if you need SUPPORT, you have my number!

Candace said...

Thanks ladies!! I appreciate the love!
Uzuri-I miss you!