Friday, May 14, 2010

Good Eats: Fried Chicken

I'm a lover of the fried chicken, but it doesn't like me back. So I rarely prepare it at home.
Today I had that craving and decided to fry up some chicken wings.
Here's my recipe, the measurements aren't exact but pretty close.

Pre-heat oil at 350 degrees
10 whole chicken wings rinsed and patted dry, you can discard the wing tips if you like-I don't.
Season wings with Lawry's (or season all) Garlic Powder, and Black Pepper-set aside
3/4 cups of All purpose flour
1/2 cup of Cornmeal
Combine flour and cornmeal in a paper bag or bowl
Add the following to the paper bag or bowl:  Lawry's, Garlic Powder, Goya Seasoning , and Chili Powder (maybe a 1/2 teaspoon each) stir to combine.
Add the seasoned wings, and toss until the are evenly.
Add to hot oil, and fry until golden brown,  about 12-15 mins.
Drain on paper towels and serve.

1 comment:

My Natural Me said...

Never tried corn meal on wings, but I will have to add this to my famous fried chicken :O)