Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday Foolishness: Where is the love?



Happy Friday Yall!
I work in the grocery industry. I just happen to work for the one the largest grocery stores in the U.S. In my younger days..lol I used to be a server in a rather well know resturant, so let's just say I'm an un-offical expert in GREAT Customer Service.
What happen to sales clerks speaking when you came into a store? Or what happen to a server re-filling your drink before your glass was half full? What happen to a thank you?
Sadly, due to the changes in the work force, some people are just doing what they can to keep food in their bellies, and clothes on their butts-I am all for that.
BUT.. Yes, there is a but. In my world, if your going to do a job-do it well dang it. I know that times are rough, but please don't get an attitude while at work and you work in the service industry-that just doesn't make sense. Trust me, I will go to your manager... Call it tattling, Call it being a B***H, so what. If I come/call your place of business, I expect to be treated nicely, I expect my clothes to get folded, before they are placed in the bag, and I for dang sure expect you to speak to me. Nothing gets under my skin more, than rude service workers. Why are you so angry? What did we (the public) do to make your job so freaking hard? Oh I know what we did- we expected you to treat us how you want to be treated. But instead, weve probably came/ called your place of employment with an made about somthing, had an attitude
(just like you), then we were on our cell phone, and the kicker, we didn't even say thank you when we were done. So, I ask you today, where is the love?

No comments: