Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Artist Review: Conya Doss


Conya Doss
Oh, my, Word, where has she been half my life? I was browsing around I-Tunes genius(which is AWESOME, by the way) this past week, and found the raspy voiced, sultry, neo-soul groove artist Conya Doss. Again I ask, where has she been, and why am I just NOW finding out about her!? Once I got over the fact, that I’ve been missing out on this great music, I sat down and listen to three of her four (yes 4, I’ve missed out on 4 great albums) albums and came to one great conclusion: I love her voice, and I must see her perform live very soon. Conya is an Ohio native that has been on the music scene for about 7 years. Her current release is Still..
Check her out!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh snap! I just happened to wonder through the link and heard pieces and had to go check out more from the ITunes store...she is good!! I'm impressed and I want to hear more!!!! one of the songs I previewed, she even sounded a bit like lauryn hill...wow. now I'm gonna spend money to buy music that I wasn't supposed to. lol thanks Candace!

Candace said...

You are welcome Ms. Gia.. She is the bomb.com!!
I can't believe, I've been missing out this long! Glad you found her.

Shaz said...

Ain’t saying nothing but a truth here!! I love her soul and her spirit just speaks to me.
I have all her CD's, in fact when I 1st heard her sing on Michael Basdin(sp) show; some time ago I tried to buy her CD's online. After not being successful I contacted her management in ATL for CD's and they sent me all her CD’s autographed by the fabulous Conya herself.

Great choice Candace!

Btw, Gia told me you featured her on your blog. :-)

Candace said...

She is in your words.. the bomb.com!!! I was really mad that I had been missing her!
Thanks for reading Shaz!