Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork


I love pork!! Good old pork! Well I have an easy recipe for anyone that wants to make a good go-to dish a home. The picture above is not my pork, I forgot to take a pic.
Stuff ya need:
6-8 hours of time let the pork get good and tender
A medium to large slow cooker
1 1lb-2lb pork loin
Barbecue Sauce(can be homemade)
Salt (kosher salt is what I used), Pepper (coarse ground) & onion powder.
1 Tablespoon of oil (I used Canola)
1 Medium skillet
How I made it:
Pre Heat the slow cooker to high.
Put a tablespoon of water in the slow-cooker
I rinsed the pork loin and patted it dry.
I seasoned the pork loin on all sides with each spice.
After heating the oil in the skillet, I browned the pork loin on each side.
After browning the pork loin, I paced it in the slow cooker, and left it alone.
I checked on the pork loin every few hours. The longer it cooked, the more tender it got.
After 7 hours, using tongs, I pulled the pork apart into small pieces. It literally fell apart!
I added the barbecue sauce and let the pork for another hour.
It was great! I served it with toasted buns, pickles, and steak fries.
Enjoy!


No comments: